Integrating Arctic Research: a Roadmap for the Future
Third International Conference on Arctic Research Planning
The Third International Conference on Arctic Research Planning (ICARP III) will provide a framework
- to identify Arctic science priorities for the next decade;
- to coordinate various Arctic research agendas;
- to inform policy makers, people who live in or near the Arctic and the global community and
- to build constructive relationships between producers and users of knowledge.
ICARP III will not undertake the development of new science plans but rather build on the many comprehensive science plans that exist already and compliment those with processes to identify gaps that may need attention.
- for integrating priorities for forward-looking, collaborative, interdisciplinary Arctic research and observing and
- for establishing an inventory of recent and current synthesis documents and major developments in Arctic research.
Engaging all partners, including funders, in shaping the future of Arctic research needs, ICARP III will
- produce a consensus statement identifying the most important Arctic research needs for the next decade;
- provide a roadmap for research priorities and partnerships and
- identify the potential and specific contributions of Arctic research partners to the International Polar Initiative
ICARP III is governed by a Steering Committee established by the participating organizations. It will be structured along scientific themes and include a series of events, culminating in a final conference at the Arctic Science Summit Week 2015.
Download the ASSW 2015 Second Circular (including the call for session proposals) here.